Vanilla Cookie Protein Oats Pre-Mix
Want to sleep in a bit? Why not, because you can have breakfast ready in 5 minutes. Simply pre-mix your protein oats on a weekend and heat a serving up with water on a weekday morning. Sugar and cholesterol free while packed with protein and fibre, breakfast can't get any easier!
Makes about 15 servings
- 17g protein
- 20g carbohydrates
- 14g fat
- 2.5g fibre
- 4 cups instant oats
- 1 cup crushed nuts/seeds of your choice
- 1 cup chopped dried fruits of your choice
- 1 cup BioTechUSA Vegan Protein Vanilla Cookie flavour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, dried fruits, BioTechUSA Vegan Protein powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine. Transfer to an airtight container to store.
- To prepare a single bowl on the stove: Pour 2/3 cup water into a small pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Then mix 1/3 cup of the pre-mix into the boiling water. Stir to combine, reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the oats have absorbed most of the water and are creamy. Serve with any toppings you prefer.
- To prepare a single bowl in the microwave: Combine 1/3 cup of the pre-mix and 2/3 cup of the water in a microwave-safe bowl. Use a slightly larger bowl than needed to prevent overflowing. Heat for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, stopping to stir only if needed to prevent overflow. Remove when oats have absorbed most of the water and are creamy. Serve with any toppings you prefer.
- Keep the mix in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month. It can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Peanut butter
- Dark chocolate chunks
- Desiccated coconut
- If making this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free oats.
- Before using, give the container or bag a shake to ensure the mix is evenly blended as ingredients may settle over time.