Dark Chocolate Protein Brownies
Moist, fudgy and chocolaty, what’s not to like about brownies? We’re sharing with you an even better brownie that’s protein-packed with no cholesterol, made without processed butter or margarine. Feel free to share these treats – or not!
Makes one 20cmx20cm batch.
Macros (per slice, if cut into 8 slices):
- 7 g Protein
- 61 g Carbohydrate
- 7 g Fats
- 7 g Fibre
- 2 cups flour, sieved
- ¾ cup cocoa powder (Dutch processed recommended)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 20g unsweetened dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- 1 and ¾ cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 cup BioTechUSA Vegan Protein Vanilla Cookie flavour
- 2/3 cup sugar (raw sugar recommended)
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar or molasses sugar
- 1 cup plant oil (canola, sunflower or grapeseed recommended)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened black coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/paste
- ½ cup chocolate chips (non-dairy recommended)
- Preheat oven to 200C. Mix all dry ingredients together in large bowl, make a hole in the centre and leave aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the soy milk over low heat, stirring to prevent burning. Add BioTechUSA Vegan Protein Vanilla Cookie and whisk to dissolve fully.
- Whisk sugars and oil together in another large bowl until combined. Then add coffee, vanilla, non-dairy milk and chocolate protein mixture from step 2 and mix till a smooth paste.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mix. Using a spatula, mix until just combined, stop mixing when you see no more flour. Add chocolate chips and mix gently to incorporate. Line a pan with baking paper. Pour mixture into pan and use spatula to flatten it out evenly. Sprinkle some chocolate chips onto the surface.
- Bake for 15 – 20 mins, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove, let cool in pan for 1 minute before transferring onto rack. Cool completely before cutting.
- A longer baking time will result in a crumblier brownie, a shorter time makes a fudgy brownie.
- Our other BioTechUSA Vegan Protein flavours like Hazelnut, Chocolate Cinnamon, Coffee and Banana will work great too.
- Keeps for up to 5 days in an airtight container in a fridge.