Most vegetarians and vegans need protein as it's not available in huge amounts in natural plant foods when it comes to building muscle and losing weight. As such, the mainstay solutions are to eat more beans and legumes or spread the protein over multiple meals... which are good but quite tiring if you have a full schedule on most weekdays. Knowing this, 'www.crazybadman.com' now carries vegan protein to cater to this growing 'woke-ness'.
- Vegan protein complex (rice and peas) with added functional amino acids
- Sugar- and lactose-free*
- No preservatives
- No artificial colour
- With 3 types of superfoods
*It refers to ready shakes mixed with water.
Protein base is rice and peas
Unlike the animal-derived versions, foods of plant origin are not complete protein sources, which means that they don’t contain all the essential amino acids your body requires. However, with complementing (with a combination of different plant protein sources) you can get a protein complex that is of full value. In Vegan Protein we achieved this by combining two protein sources that perfectly complement each other – rice protein that contains little lysine, but it is rich in sulphur-containing amino acids (such as cysteine and methionine) and pea protein that contains less of the sulphur-containing amino acids while it is rich in lysine. There are additional extras added to this excellent base.
3 kinds of Superfoods
- Quinoa flour → The ancient Incas considered this popular ingredient of reform cuisines to be the mother of all cereals, while it is only a ‘pseudo-cereal’. It has a lower carbohydrate content than regular cereals, but its protein content is higher (16%). Furthermore, it is an excellent mineral source as it contains potassium, calcium, magnesium, and iron.
- Acai berry powder → The acai berry, which is indigenous in the Amazonian rain forests, has an outstanding ORAC value (International Standard for Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity).
- Goji berry powder → Goji berries (also known as wolfberries) have been used in China as an aphrodisiac for thousands of years. The tangy, bright red fruit that has a flavour reminiscent of the mixture of cherry and blackberry contains 8 essential amino acids and a lot of vitamin C.
Macronutritional Information for BioTechUSA's VEGAN protein
Macronutritional info is important when configuring your best diet. So let's have a look at the breakdown. Per serving (25g):
- 106 kcal
- 19 g protein
- Added amino acids:
- 1390 mg L-glutamine
- 650 g L-arginine
Recommended if you:
- are vegetarian or vegan. Vegan Protein can greatly complement your protein intake, especially if you do sports → its plant-based protein content contributes to muscle growth and the maintenance of muscle mass.
- are looking for a plant-based alternative to milk-based proteins.
- are lactose-sensitive
- are celiac
- love reform cuisines → it can be used as an excellent thickener to soups or vegetable casseroles.
- Mix 1 serving (25g = 3 flat tablespoons) powder with 250ml water. Consume it immediately after workout. On rest days take your shake in the afternoon. Use a shaker.
Where to buy?
Available at SGD$39.90 online or in one scoop sachets at $2.50. Bulk savings if you commit to one flavour.
20 x one scoop sachets are: $2.50 x 20 = $50
20 servings in a 500g bag = $39.90
Shop Sports: www.crazybadman.com
10% off your first purchase when you enter 'WelcomeToCrazybadman' on checkout.