These high protein, high fibre, chewy energy balls are the answer to a quick breakfast, midday snack or post-gym refuel. No sugar added!
Makes 16-18 bite sized balls
Macros (per ball):
- 7 g protein
- 29 g carbohydrates
- 1.4 g fat
- 2.8 g fibre
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 25 pitted medjool dates, chopped (soak till soft if too dry)
- 1 cup BioTechUSA Vanilla Cookie Vegan Protein
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup water, more if needed
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Place everything except water and desiccated coconut into a food processor.
- Process till fine. Gradually add in water while processing till the mixture forms a "dough" that sticks together when pressed.
- Shape "dough" into bite sized balls. Roll each ball in desiccated coconut to coat. Keep for up to 7 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- This works with any of our BioTechUSA Vegan Protein flavours!
- Feel free to add any of the following: nuts, chocolate chips, matcha powder, dried fruits, cinnamon, lemon zest, chopped peppermint leaves - to dress them up to your preference!
- Instead of rolling them in coconut, you can also coat them with matcha powder, cocoa powder, almond powder or roasted soybean powder.