This is inspired by Bandung, a popular drink found at street stalls in Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore. Very refreshing on a hot day and is a gorgeously pink accompaniment for any hot and spicy meal. Try this as your sugar-free post-workout refresher and refuel!
Makes 1 glass
Macros (1 glass):
- 30 g protein
- 16 g carbohydrates
- 7 g fats
- 2 g fibre
- ¼ cup water
- 400ml unsweetened soy milk
- ½ – ¾ teaspoon of rosewater essence/rose extract
- 1 sachet BioTechUSA Vanilla Cookie flavour
- Natural pink food colouring or 1 piece of beetroot or red dragon fruit, as needed
- Ice, as needed
- Combine everything into a shaker bottle and shake till mixed to a creamy light pink mixture.
- Chill in the refrigerator if a colder drink is preferred.
- If using beetroot or red dragon fruit, remove before serving.
- Add ice if preferred. Serve cold with a straw.
- Red colouring is optional but gives the signature pink hue of bandung. Feel free to omit.